“Personal branding isn’t just for entrepreneurial rock stars that want to dance onto stage and hype up an audience with hopes, dreams, and unbelievable case studies.”
Interesting article regarding: 3 Benefits Of Building And Using A Personal Brand To Grow Your Business by Christina Hooper that I found on the DigitalMarketer.com blog.
*Caveat: All images, videos, audios & content are the property of their respective owners/authors. If they fail to appear because they have been moved or removed, you can here.
You don’t have to command an audience like Tony Robbins, make complicated things seem simple like Ryan Deiss, or make buying businesses sound as easy as buying groceries like Roland Fraser.
You can just be you.
The personal brand that you build will not only make it easier to get new clients, but also help you grow your business in a way that you actually enjoy. It’s a win-win-win situation!
Creating a personal brand requires effort and consistency, but the payoffs are more than worth it.
I’m going to show you 3 of the top reasons why personal branding is essential for business growth and why you should start working on yours today.
If you’re not convinced yet, by the end of this post I think you will be. So let’s get started!
Want to get certified in Content Marketing?
Leverage the tools and channels to predictably and profitably drive awareness, leads, sales, and referrals—EVERYTHING you need to know to become a true master of digital marketing. Click Here
Benefit #1. You Will Attract Clients You Love Working With
Can you imagine being surrounded by people who already like you and want to work with you?
Finding the right clients is like dating. (I know, I’m tired of that analogy too.)
Would you rather go on a date with someone who is clearly interested in you and makes an effort to get to know you OR would you rather go on a date with someone who is lukewarm and doesn’t seem that into you?
Of course, it’s much more fun and enjoyable to date someone who is clearly interested in you and makes an effort to get to know YOU. The same goes for finding clients.
When you have a personal brand, you will attract clients that you actually enjoy working with.
They will understand your language, your jokes, and what you’re all about. They will get a chance to know you and decide if they like (or don’t like) you before even reaching out to you.
So how do you attract the right clients?
Simple – be yourself.
There are a few things you can do to help you stay true to yourself and your personal brand.
- Be authentic. Don’t try to be someone that you’re not. People can see right through it and they won’t trust you.
- Stay consistent. This is one of the most important aspects of personal branding. You need to be consistent with your message, your tone, and how you present yourself.
- Be YOURSELF! This is the most important thing of all. Be genuine, be honest, and be real. People will appreciate and respect you for it.
Benefit #2: Selling Gets Waaaaaaay Easier & Much Faster
Selling is hard.
It’s one of the things that we as entrepreneurs hate the most. We would much rather focus on the fun things – tinkering with our products, brainstorming new features, and talking to customers.
But the reality is, we need to sell in order to grow our businesses.
And personal branding makes selling a lot easier and shortens your sales cycle.
When you have a personal brand, people already know who you are and what you’re all about. They have an idea of what it would be like to work with you and they are more likely to reach out to you because they trust you.
Personal branding makes selling a lot easier because you don’t have to start from scratch trying to convince someone that they should hire you. You already have a foundation of trust that has been built up over time.
Here are a few things you can do to build know, like, and trust so selling is easier and faster.
- Tell Your Story. Your personal brand story is what sets you apart from everyone else. It’s what makes you unique and interesting. Share it on social media and make sure to be authentic and consistent with your message.
- Host events and webinars. Hosting events and webinars is a great way to connect with your audience and share your personal brand story. This gives people a chance to get to know you better and see what it’s like to work with you.
- Write blog posts and articles. Writing blog posts and articles is a great way to share your personal brand story, expertise, and knowledge with the world. This will help you build credibility and trust with your audience.
Are You Ready to Master Social Media?
Become a Certified Social Media Specialist and learn the newest strategies (by social platform) to draw organic traffic to your social media sites.
Benefit #3. You Will Attract More Employees That You Like
One of the benefits of having a personal brand is that you will attract more employees that you like. They will fit into the culture that you have created and they will be more likely to stick around for a longer period of time.
You get to decide what values and beliefs are important to you and your team and can get them invested in the mission that you have for your clients.
The culture that you create is important because it will determine how happy your employees are — and happy employees are more productive employees.
How do you use your personal brand to create a culture that your employees will love?
- Just be yourself. The culture that you create should be a reflection of your personal brand and the values that are important to you.
- Talk about your clients. Employees want to feel like they are a part of something bigger than themselves. Talk about your clients and how they are using your products or services to make a difference in their lives.
- Being authentic and genuine. Let them know what your personal goals are and why you started the company in the first place. Share your vision for the future and let them know how they can help you achieve it.
How Do You Create a Personal Brand?
Creating a personal brand is not about self-promotion or selling yourself.
- It’s about creating a foundation of trust and credibility so people will want to work with you.
- It’s about attracting the right employees that fit into the culture you have created.
- And it’s about making selling easier so you can focus on what you’re good at – running your business.
If you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry. Just focus on being authentic and genuine with your personal brand story and move forward with intention to create a strong personal brand.
The rest will fall into place — and you have a great community at DigitalMarketer you can lean on to help get advice to point you in the right direction.
3 Benefits Of Building And Using A Personal Brand To Grow Your Business